Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/25 17:22:12 UTC

Re: Geronimo 3.0-beta Release Status

We are in good shape now!
In the past one month, we get the following snapshot dependencies released:
- xbean 3.8
- txmanager 3.1.1
- yoko 1.3
- woodstox 4.1.2_1
- bval-jsr303 0.3_1
- Tomcat 7.0.19.2
- axis2/axis2-saaj 1.6.1_1
- myfaces  2.0.9_1
- openwebbeans  1.1.1
- aries.application  0.2.2
- aries.util 0.2.1-SNAPSHOT

And the rest dependencies are:
- Openejb 4.0.0, OpenEJB has discussed it. Hope it can release in next week!
- aries.blueprint 0.3.0.1, I forked this in geornimo ext. Will start release
soon!

After the above two release, I will branch 3.0-beta, and start 3.0-beta
release if TCK looks good.(Currently, there are some ejb failures, I suppose
they are some intermittent errors like before?..)

Well done, ALL! Let's keep moving!

thanks,
-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Geronimo 3.0-beta Release Status

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devs

All the things for 3.0-beta-1 are ready. However, there is a power outage in
my office in Friday night and the whole weekend. So I have to delay
performing the release  to next Monday.

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Geronimo 3.0-beta Release Status

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/29 Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>

> Rex,
>
> Seems we want to wait a little bit longer(for openejb 4.0.0 release) to
> branch the current trunk out to 3.0-beta in branches, that properly happens
> around first half of October, right?

Yes, The only dependency - OpenEJB 4.0.0 has not started release yet. We
have to wait..

 -Rex

> Frank, I think 3.0-beta will be the apache one aligned with CE 3.0.
>
> Forrest
>

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM, pif <fr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> How does the Geronimo 3.0-beta relate todays IBM annoucement?
>>
>> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21515968
>>  WASCE v3.0.0.0 is now available
>> It provides the following new features and enhancements and is certified
>> for
>> Java EE 6 Profile:
>>
>> 1) Based on Apache Geronimo 3.0 and other open source projects
>> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14686485
>>
>> the change-list makes it clear
>> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/changes/3000/CHANGES.txt
>>  Apache Geronimo Server 3.0-r1163516
>>  Apache Tomcat 7.0.19.1
>>  Apache OpenEJB 4.0.0-r1160123
>>  Apache OpenJPA 2.1.1
>>  Apache MyFaces 2.0.8
>>  Apache karaf 2.2.1
>>  Apache aries 0.2.1
>>  Apache openwebbeans 1.1.1-r1160102
>>  Apache axis2 1.6.1-r1149666
>>  equinox 3.7.1.R37x_v20110808_1106
>>  tranql 1.7
>>

>> Will there be an offical Apacher pendant?
>> Thanks
>> Frank
>>
>> --

Lei Wang (Rex)