Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Finney <fi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/18 19:36:06 UTC

Apache Web Server vs. Tomcat

Why bother with Apache's webserver as opposed to
Tomcat for a JSP web application?

If there are not many static web pages (4), why bother
with Apache's Web Server at all?  Why not just go with
Tomcat?

Someone mentioned they they are considering switching
to Linux from Windows and using Apache Webserver or
Tomcat.   Well, that person is already using Tomcat on
Windows.  So, I figure staying on Tomcat is the smart
thing to do.  Right?

Michael

=====
Michael Finney
719-572-1577 (H)
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE Platform
Co-founder of PPJDG - http://www.ppjdg.org
Co-founder of cosAgile - Colorado Springs XP Users Group - http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/cosAgile

Time Out

Posted by "Ravindra K. Bhat" <bh...@BPA.Arizona.EDU>.
Hello

How do I change my Time Out options?  My web form times out before I
complete the Form...

Thanks
Ravi