Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by apsegian <ap...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 13:05:57 UTC

Where to apply a general security policy

I am requested to apply a security policy in a wicket project on every
request (including ajax requests) posted to the server. The obvious solution
to this, is to call a method (like applySecurity()) in every onClick(),
onUpdate() etc event of all form components of the page. The problem is that
this solution is very buggy, because every developer   working on this
project should be aware of this restriction. Is there any method of the
framework that can be overwritten in order to achieve this more centralized?

Re: Where to apply a general security policy

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
Actually wicket already does that for you. It does so by delegating to
the IAuthorizationStrategy. The default one just allows everything.

Maurice

Posted by Christopher Hlubek <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
you could take a look at the IAuthorizationStrategy but that would
basically mean building your own security framework from scratch.

A better solution would be to use either Wicket-Auth-Roles or Swarm as
your security framework.
Neither is centralized, both are geared towards securing individual
components. But you can easily use that to build your own components
that are secure and require your developers to use those instead of
the default wicket components.

A comparison between the two frameworks can be found here
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Security+Framework+Comparison
>From there you can find links with more information.

Maurice