Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org> on 2016/03/08 16:17:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Flink 1.0.0 has been released

Hi everyone!

As you might have noticed, Apache Flink 1.0.0 has been released and
announced!

You can read more about the release at the ASF blog and the Flink blog
-
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces88
- http://flink.apache.org/news/2016/03/08/release-1.0.0.html

Don't forget to retweet and spread the news :-)
- https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/707174116969857024
- https://twitter.com/ApacheFlink/status/707175973482012672

Check out the changelog and the migration guide, download the release, and
check out the documentation
- http://flink.apache.org/blog/release_1.0.0-changelog_known_issues.html
-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Migration+Guide%3A+0.10.x+to+1.0.x
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Stability+Annotations
- http://flink.apache.org/downloads.html
- https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/

Many congratulations to the Flink community for making this happen!

Best,
Kostas

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Flink 1.0.0 has been released

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
@Igor: State from the CEP library (like what was the last observed event
for a certain ID or so) is kept in Flink's state mechanisms (the key/value
state)

Have a look at these docs for details:
  - Working with State:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/streaming/state.html
  - Fault tolerance in general:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/streaming/fault_tolerance.html
  - Changing how state is stored internally (via state backends):
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/streaming/state_backends.html

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Great to have this out!

@Radu: You may use this LinkedIn post:
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/7414853/7414853-6113008761373290497

@Igor: Having a one month window should work fine. The CEP library
only keeps track of the current state of the events which enables you
to process large amounts of data over long time intervals.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Igor Berman <ig...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Radu Tudoran <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi,

Do you have also a linkedin post that I could share - or should I make a blogpost in which I take this announcement?

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer - Big Data Expert
IT R&D Division

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Posted by Igor Berman <ig...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!