Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2010/06/14 23:09:27 UTC

After Receiving, user refreshes page, receive is repeated.

At the end of Receive Inventory, if the user reloads the page in the
browser, the action is repeated and inventory is created and purchase orders
are adjusted.   This is user error that we want to prevent.  Any ideas?

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: After Receiving, user refreshes page, receive is repeated.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You find this problem in a number of places in OFBiz, better support has been added in the controller for the request-redirect response and passing parameters through it.  Ideally eventually all pages like this would fixed to use that response.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM, BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> wrote:

> looks like scott has a solution for ofbiz.
> yes I have custom code that make it more intuitive for my customers.
> I always through out the ideas encase some one wants to implement it that
> way.

I do want to rewrite the whole Receiving application, but I have to fix this
first.  We're already using this for an industrial inventory system, and
this one bug is giving me a black eye every day.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
looks like scott has a solution for ofbiz.
yes I have custom code that make it more intuitive for my customers.
I always through out the ideas encase some one wants to implement it
that way.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

James McGill sent the following on 6/14/2010 3:53 PM:

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my code is driven by the open PO's
so when complete an Item or po it returns to a tree of po's with tree of
items under it.
if they click on the po then all the itmes are recieved
if they click on an item then only the item is recieved.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

James McGill sent the following on 6/14/2010 3:04 PM:

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
on success return "complete" and have a summary page?

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

James McGill sent the following on 6/14/2010 2:09 PM: