Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Laxmilal Menaria <me...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 14:40:34 UTC

Search using .Net code in Java based Index

Hello,

I am lucene user and I have created a Index using Java code and after
that I wants to search using VB.Net code, so what should i do ?

IPort :Lucene.Net2.0 and Java lucene2.0

Thanks
LM

RE: Search using .Net code in Java based Index

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Yes, I had to remove all 2.0 ZIP "releases" until when I straighten things
out about releases.  Your only option right now is to get the source off
SVN.

I will say more about it in response to Erik's email: "good incubator
citizen".

Regards,

-- George Aroush

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.
if you read readme.txt at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/site/download/
===

Posted by Laxmilal Menaria <me...@gmail.com>.
I am using Lucene.Net 2.0,..

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Michael,

You checked out the latest code base.  Look in the AssemblyInfo.cs file and
it should be "[assembly: AssemblyVersion("2.0.0.003")]" -- if so, then you
have the latest version.

In order for the NUnit test to pass the compression test, you have to setup
and provide your compression library.  Try SharpZipLib

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Laxmilal,

The current releases of Lucene.Net uses .NET 1.1 framework.  Since .NET 1.1
doesn't have compression support, and since I can't add a 3rd party code
into ASF, I had to come up with a workaround.  The workaround is the class
CompressionSupport.

If you need to support compressed field, use this class to supply to it a
compression library.  I have not tried this, but other folks told me that
using SharpZipLib (http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/) works
and the index remains compatible with Java's Lucene.

Regards,

-- George

Posted by Laxmilal Menaria <me...@gmail.com>.
ok..thanks...