Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kotamrajuyashasvi <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/16 07:08:14 UTC

Reason for using JVM Instance for Ignite C++ Driver

Hi

From the Ignite Docs: Ignite С++ starts the JVM in the same process and
communicates with it via JNI. I would like to know why a JVM instance is
required? Why can't we have Ignite C++ driver communicate via TCP directly
to the Ignite Server and from the server side process the request and
perform necessary actions. In the end the Client being able to communicate
to the server is all what matters right.

Re: Reason for using JVM Instance for Ignite C++ Driver

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Just in case, in the next Ignite version you’ll be able to create thin C++ clients by communicating to the cluster via a raw low-level socket based protocol.

—
Denis

Posted by kotamrajuyashasvi <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi

My doubts got cleared
Thanks.

Re: Reason for using JVM Instance for Ignite C++ Driver

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

This is because Ignite C++ is not just thin client. It is actually a node,
that can be a server node and can join topology. You can actually
store data on it, run queries and compute jobs over it, and so on.

Does it answer your question?

Best Regards,
Igor