Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/10/08 10:14:34 UTC

Re: Cocoon examples?

 Hi Soren,
You may also want to check out the idiots guide at http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.html
Best regards
Jeremy
  Søren_Neigaard <ne...@mobilethink.dk> wrote: Are there any examples shipped with Cocoon2? I'm having some trubles finding
out how it all works, so maybe some examples where I can see what to do, all
the way from Java Servlets to XSL?

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard
-------------------------------
Mobilethink A/S
Arosgaarden
Åboulevarden 23, 5.sal
DK - 8000 Århus C
Telefon: +45 86207800
Direct: +45 86207810
Fax: +45 86207801

For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: Cocoon examples?

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
There's no need to use a servlet?
There are different ways of performing such functionality:
1. Create your own generator that knows how to retrieve the data then
generate XML in some generic format. E.g., if your busines objects are
java beans then you can use some JBean2XML mapper (f.e.: Exolab's
Castor).
2. You can implement an action, which would retrieve the data and place
it (in either way: JavaBeans or XML fragments) in your request/session
attributes. In this case, if you don't want XSP in your XML you should
use/develope a tag-lib which would get the data from request or session
and expand it as needed.
3. You can create a specific transformer, which could interpret your tag
and according to them retrieve needed objects and expand them in your
original XML.
Maybe something else...

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@WPI.EDU>.
As far as resources go... I made a small tutorial for a group of college-level
students in PowerPoint. It's incomplete, but without any intent to revise. It
covers briefly XML, XSL, SQL, and Cocoon 2. Many parts are specific to our
project (we've written our own transformer as well as other Java classes, and
the sql schema is specific to our project as well), but it might prove useful
to somebody out there...

Our project is open-source, so if anybody wishes to see more information
(including the Java implementation), let me know personally (NOT on the list).

http://gdc.wpi.edu/gdc.ppt

Hope this helps to some degree.

Liam Morley

Re: SV: SV: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Jesper Rasmussen <ge...@cs.auc.dk>.
war is just a jar, which is just a zip

cheers
Jesper
- May the source be with you, Linux -

SV: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Søren Neigaard <ne...@mobilethink.dk>.
Hi

Well I can't get Enhydra to deploy my WAR, I'm sorry to say, so I have to do
it all manually.

I foun this in the cocoon.xconf, comment it out to get rid of the
"org/hsqldb/Server" error:

<hsqldb-server class="org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl"
pool-max="1" pool-min="1">
     <parameter name="port" value="9002"/>
     <parameter name="silent" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="trace" value="false"/>
  </hsqldb-server>

[...]

LogTarget of id root
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:614   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogTargetManager: added new
LogTarget of id components
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:614   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/PriorityFilterTargetFactory: loglevel is
ERROR
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:614   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/PriorityFilterTargetFactory: creating
target servlet:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfiguration@168e23
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:624   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogTargetManager: added new
LogTarget of id filter
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:624   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger for
category cocoon
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:624   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger for
category root
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:624   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger for
category root.store
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:634   [
] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger for
category root.xslt

RE: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Søren Neigaard <ne...@mobilethink.dk>.
Thx :)

[...]

for category root
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:624
[        ] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger
for category root.store
2001.10.09 13:23:34: cocoon,INFO: DEBUG   (2001-10-09) 13:23.34:634
[        ] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/DefaultLogKitManager: added logger
for category root.xslt

RE: Cocoon examples?

Re: SV: SV: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Soren,
  Søren_Neigaard <ne...@mobilethink.dk> wrote: How do I unpack a WAR?-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----

Søren_Neigaard <ne...@mobilethink.dk> wrote: Great intro, thanks :) I'm still confused at one point though (well more than one, but here the most). I have some businessobjects I want to retrive data from (maybe as XML), and use this data as input for Cocoon. How is this done? I absolutly don't want to use XSP (I don't like the mix of content and logic). Should I set the "<map:generate src=""/>" src to point at a servlet that returns XML? This sounds like a bad idea too me though, but it's my best idea. Any ideas?-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----

RE: SV: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@WPI.EDU>.
First of all, you shouldn't need to, under normal circumstances; your
servlet container does it. However, if you want to see inside a WAR
without the servlet container doing it for you, it follows the same
protocol as a ZIP file. So, from windows, just rename it to .zip, and
unzip it.

Liam Morley

RE: SV: Cocoon examples?

Posted by Henrik Hofmann <He...@creon-it.com>.

Try to open it with WinZip or something else that can handle zip Files.
I’m using Windows so I’m not sure if if gzip will work.

bye

SV: SV: Cocoon examples?

Re: SV: Cocoon examples?

SV: Cocoon examples?