Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2013/10/17 19:18:04 UTC

Cannot start resourcemanager

Hi Team,
trying to start resourcemanager in the latest hadoop-2.2.0 stable release. It throws following error. Please help
2013-10-17 10:01:51,230 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Stopping ResourceManager metrics system...2013-10-17 10:01:51,230 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: ResourceManager metrics system stopped.2013-10-17 10:01:51,231 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: ResourceManager metrics system shutdown complete.2013-10-17 10:01:51,232 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager: Error starting ResourceManagerjava.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator not found	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1752)	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.getResourceCalculator(CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.java:333)	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.reinitialize(CapacityScheduler.java:263)	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:249)	at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:871)Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator not found	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1720)	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1744)	... 5 moreCaused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator not found	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1626)	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1718)	... 6 more2013-10-17 10:01:51,239 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager: SHUTDOWN_MSG: /************************************************************SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down ResourceManager at node1/192.168.147.101

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Re: Cannot start resourcemanager

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

in capacity-scheduler.xml what value you have set it for below property?

 <property>

    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.resource-calculator</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator</value>
    <description>

      The ResourceCalculator implementation to be used to compare

      Resources in the scheduler.

      The default i.e. DefaultResourceCalculator only uses Memory while

      DominantResourceCalculator uses dominant-resource to compare

      multi-dimensional resources such as Memory, CPU etc.

    </description>

  </property>

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot start resourcemanager

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> not found
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1626)
> at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1718)
> ... 6 more
> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,239 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager:
> SHUTDOWN_MSG:
> /************************************************************
> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down ResourceManager at node1/192.168.147.101
>

> **------------------------**
> *Cheers !!!*
> *Siddharth Tiwari*
> Have a refreshing day !!!
> *"Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of worship
> of God.” *
> *"Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don't limit myself"*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot start resourcemanager

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> not found
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1626)
> at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1718)
> ... 6 more
> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,239 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager:
> SHUTDOWN_MSG:
> /************************************************************
> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down ResourceManager at node1/192.168.147.101
>

> **------------------------**
> *Cheers !!!*
> *Siddharth Tiwari*
> Have a refreshing day !!!
> *"Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of worship
> of God.” *
> *"Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don't limit myself"*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot start resourcemanager

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi team,
Resource manager works now, the capacity scheduler xml had wrong entry somehow. But there is another small issue, I have NN HA enabled and wanted to run Hbase with it and eventhough I set hbase.rootdir to FsNameservice value it always throws exception saying it cannot recognize the nameservice value. I did put the core site and hdfs site in hbase conf. Can you help me in setting it up with namenode HA in new hadoop-2.2.0 stable release .  Also what versions of hive, mahout and pig would be compatible with it. I am using hbase-0.94.12 release.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi team,

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi team,

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi team,

Posted by Omkar Joshi <oj...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> not found
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1626)
> at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1718)
> ... 6 more
> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,239 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager:
> SHUTDOWN_MSG:
> /************************************************************
> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down ResourceManager at node1/192.168.147.101
>

> **------------------------**
> *Cheers !!!*
> *Siddharth Tiwari*
> Have a refreshing day !!!
> *"Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of worship
> of God.” *
> *"Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don't limit myself"*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot start resourcemanager

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
could you check environment variables(e.g.
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/HADOOP_CONF_DIR)
and send us the contents of etc/yarn-site.conf? In my environment, I
cannot reproduce your problem with 2.2.0 tar ball.
Thanks, Tsuyoshi

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,