Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hildegunn Kjersheim Steinsbu <hi...@hotmail.no> on 2015/10/30 00:21:52 UTC

Crash-errors

I'm used to having crashed  now and then, but we are talking about several months in OO Writer. But now I got a crash every time I open a OOWriter. It varied how long it goes before the accident, and it crashes when I save the document. Is there anything that can be done to solve this problem ??

Re: Crash-errors

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 00:21:52 +0100
Hildegunn Kjersheim Steinsbu <hi...@hotmail.no> wrote:

> I'm used to having crashed  now and then, but we are talking about several months in OO Writer. But now I got a crash every time I open a OOWriter. It varied how long it goes before the accident, and it crashes when I save the document. Is there anything that can be done to solve this problem ??

This can happen if the OpenOffice user profile becomes corrupt.  You should delete or rename the user profile.

As you are using Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>