Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ian Friedman <ia...@flurry.com> on 2014/03/19 20:45:20 UTC

sources jar for 0.8.1?

Hey guys, I am wondering why there is no sources jar in maven for kafka 0.8.1? I am trying to migrate our project now and not having the sources easily available in my IDE is a real hindrance. I did some googling and found this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1248 Not sure why it was deemed unnecessary as I cannot imagine developing without the sources/javadocs.

That having been said, is there a gradle task available to build the sources jar? I poked around and found nothing. Seems like I'm going to have to do it by hand?

Thanks in advance,
--Ian

Re: sources jar for 0.8.1?

Posted by Baran Nohutçuoğlu <ba...@tinkerhq.com>.
Hello Ian, just a workaround I used in the interim:

I downloaded the tar’ed sources from here https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.1/kafka-0.8.1-src.tgz

(I use Intellij)

When I try to open the definition of a Kafka object that it doesn’t have sources for, there is a button that says “attach sources,” which allows me to navigate to the directory where I unpacked the sources I downloaded.

Hope that helps,
-  Baran