Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com> on 2002/08/29 14:12:06 UTC

building javadocs

Hi again,
I followed the instructions and checked out Turbine from CVS.
But in the directory jakarta-turbine-2/build there is no build.xml file to
build the javadoc.
Any ideas or suggestions how to build the javadocs another way?

Thanks!

Marc

Re: AW: building javadocs

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Marc Lustig" <ma...@marclustig.com>
>
>>> From: "Marc Lustig" <ma...@marclustig.com>
>>>
>>> I followed the instructions and checked out Turbine from CVS.
>>> But in the directory jakarta-turbine-2/build there is no
>> build.xml file to
>>> build the javadoc.
>>> Any ideas or suggestions how to build the javadocs another way?
>>
>> The easiest way is to use maven.  Install maven-b6 and then in your
>> jakarta-turbine-2 directory execute:
>>
>>     maven javadoc
>
> I installed maven-b4. (no b6 found)
> But how is this supposed to run on my win2000 box w/o any maven.bat file?
Not sure where you were looking.  Following the links from the maven site
leads to the b6 distribution (not that you need it now - see below).

> What I understand is with the TDK 2.1 release I don't have to make another
> build with maven. I only need to build the javadocs as they don't come along
> with the package.
> So how do I build the javadocs from the TDK 2.1 release the easiest way?

I had assumed you were using turbine 2.2bx as you were referring to CVS.

In fact the tdk 2.1 does come bundled with the javadocs.  If you have
started the tdk tomcat instance (assuming port 8080) you can browse to:

    http://localhost:8080/

...and you will be presented with a bunch of links, one of which is the
Turbine API documentation.

If you want the latest API docs you can just go to the turbine 2 site and
click the JavaDocs link to go to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/apidocs/index.html

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

AW: building javadocs

Posted by Marc Lustig <ma...@marclustig.com>.

Re: building javadocs

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Marc Lustig" <ma...@marclustig.com>
>
> I followed the instructions and checked out Turbine from CVS.
> But in the directory jakarta-turbine-2/build there is no build.xml file to
> build the javadoc.
> Any ideas or suggestions how to build the javadocs another way?

The easiest way is to use maven.  Install maven-b6 and then in your
jakarta-turbine-2 directory execute:

    maven javadoc

HTH,

Scott