Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Austin Weidner <we...@comcast.net> on 2005/02/15 21:54:07 UTC

Good idea or bad idea?

I have autolearned disabled in my SpamAssassin config.

I get certain e-mail accounts that are old and JUST GET SPAM (no question
about it). I set up a script that takes e-mails from these accounts and feds
them in to sa-learn as SPAM.

I have no HAM's right now, however I have plans to add at least a couple
hundred to bayes (that is the bare minimum, I believe).

My question is: Is there anything wrong with doing this? I've seen some
posts about ratio's. I figured the more SPAM you feed it, the smarter it
will get. Keep in mind I am not trying to use bayes scoring right now, but I
thought this setup was better instead of using auto-learn to try to guess
which were spam (they are ALL spam!)