Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Reza Shafii <re...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/02 04:36:13 UTC

Deploying a dynamic service using AxisServlet

Hi All,

I am trying to dynamically add a new services to the AxisEngine underlying an AxisSrvlet which I have deployed on an embedded Jetty server. The code
is as follows:

// Create a new service
SOAPService axisService = new SOAPService();
JavaServiceDesc serviceDesc = new JavaServiceDesc();
serviceDesc.setEndpointURL(servUrl);
serviceDesc.setName(servName);
serviceDesc.loadServiceDescByIntrospection(test.implementations.SampleServi=
ce.class);
axisService.setServiceDescription(serviceDesc);

// Dynamically deploy the service on a SimpleProvider engine
axisEngineConfiguration = new SimpleProvider();
axisEngineConfiguration.deployService(servName, axisService);

// Deploy an AxisServlet on Jetty
jettyServer = new Server(SERVER_PORT);
Context root = new Context(jettyServer, SERVER_ROOT, Context.SESSIONS);
AxisServlet axisServlet = new AxisServlet();
root.addServlet(new ServletHolder(axisServlet);, URL_PATTERN);
jettyServer.start();

// Configure the servlet's engine with the SimplePrivider configuration whe=
re the service is deployed
AxisServer tmpAxisServer = new AxisServer(axisEngineConfiguration);
axisServlet.getEngine().getConfig().configureEngine(tmpAxisServer);

However I get the following exception at the last line:

    at sun.misc.MetaIndex.mayContain(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getBootstrapResource(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.getResourceAsStream(ClassUtils.java=
:227)
    at org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvi=
der.java:170)
    at sample.tests.TestOne.registerBindingUrisForServices()

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: HTTP POST

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I see. Well this is good info and I appreciate the response Anne.

Regards

Re: HTTP POST

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.

HTTP POST

RE: Deploying a dynamic service using AxisServlet

Posted by Reza Shafii <re...@hotmail.com>.

Btw, the exception is an NPE.

Reza