Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org> on 2013/11/15 03:36:06 UTC

using umls dictionary lookup offline?

What would I need to do to run ctakes offline? In particular, I believe that means what do I need to do to get the full dictionary lookup to work?

Do I need to build my own UMLS dictionary database and use a custom dictionary class?

I looked around on the wiki (in the ctakes 3.0 and 3.1 developer guides and the ctakes 3.0 component guide).

I know way back when we used to have this before we simplified things by pre-packaging the UMLS dictionary and doing online validation of the UMLS username and password.

Thanks!
Matt

RE: using umls dictionary lookup offline?

Posted by "Lingren, Todd" <To...@cchmc.org>.
FWIW, MetaMap does the same.

Todd Lingren
Biomedical Informatics
Cincinnati Children's Hospital
Todd.Lingren@cchmc.org
513-803-9032

Posted by amcmurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
! NOTEWORTHY !

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
That actually sounds like a good idea.
The code that performs the UMLS check is already in cTAKES... perhaps we just need a place to host/distribution of the resources (simple webapp)...
I wonder if we can just converge and point to a single place for all of their models/resourcing needs...
Richard- I'm just thinking of your idea of a single place to download various models, do you think it's worth thinking about also hosting certain protected resources such as UMLS there as well?  (perhaps some place a bit more advanced that Maven Central).

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Matt,