Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Enrique Gaona <eg...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/02/26 19:33:47 UTC

Problem building war file

Hi,
I'm running into problems building my war file.  Inside my parent pom, I am
adding entry to my manifest file, but when it creates the war file, it
complains about an Embedded error.   Anyone seen this before?

                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>
                                        <archive>
                                            <manifestEntries>

<BuildVersion>${buildNumber}</BuildVersion>
                                            </manifestEntries>
                                        </archive>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error assembling WAR

Embedded error: The attribute "BuildVersion" may not occur more than once
in the same section
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 52 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 26 12:28:34 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 40M/110M
[INFO]

Thanks

Enrique

Re: Problem building war file

Posted by Enrique Gaona <eg...@us.ibm.com>.
Julian,
Yes, I realized that after I looked at the version of my plugin.  Thanks.

Enrique

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.

--
Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre
University of Calgary

http://tlc.ucalgary.ca

Re: Problem building war file

Posted by Enrique Gaona <eg...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Jo,
I only see  this error on my SLES10 dev box, but not on my RHEL3 build
server.  The workaround wouId be to add the attribute to the children
pom.xml files rather than the parent, but I would have to do so in 50
different poms, would be a PITA, imo;-)

Cheers
Enrique

             "Jo Vandermeeren"
             <jo.vandermeeren@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
                                       "Maven Users List"
             02/26/2007 02:01          <us...@maven.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Problem building war file
               "Maven Users
                   List"
             <users@maven.apac
                  he.org>