Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Peter Belau <pe...@anchorfree.com> on 2008/02/08 04:23:47 UTC

Terminating a connection in mod_proxy

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how I would send data back trough mod_proxy based on a certain request. For instance: upon seeing a GET to www.google.com, I'd like to return "Hello world" *without* the request ever getting to www.google.com. Would anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Terminating a connection in mod_proxy

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:23:47 -0800
"Peter Belau" <pe...@anchorfree.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how I would send data back trough mod_proxy
> based on a certain request. For instance: upon seeing a GET to
> www.google.com, I'd like to return "Hello world" *without* the
> request ever getting to www.google.com. Would anyone know how to do
> this ?

For a reverse proxy, mod_rewrite.  For a forward or transparent
proxy, mod_security.  Just create a ruleset to test whatever you
want testing.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/