Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2011/11/24 18:48:08 UTC

[bugzilla] No issues found when searching?

I got caught in the trap, again.

When you search for issues but none where found, the reason is likely
that the default search is set to the last 7 months. Set it to a more
reasonable value and you will swin in issues.

Questions:
Am I alone with the feeling that the setting to search only for the last
7 month is stupid or do you think the same?

Thanks

Marcus

Re: [bugzilla] No issues found when searching?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/24/2011 07:14 PM, schrieb FR web forum:
>> It's about general searching. Nothing special.
> Could you talking about concretely? Give us a real case to test.
>
>> But always I start a
>> search I wonder about the low number of results.
> If I search "msword", BZ returns 224 issues.
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=msword;list_id=3376
> Do you think that it's low?

I get different results. Let's make a very simple example:

- open the Search webpage
- click on "Advanced Search"
- enter "msword" into Summary"
- click on [Search]

--> 1 hit

- click on the link "Edit Search" on the bottom.
- click on "Search By Change History"
- and delete the date from "between:"
- click on [Search]

--> 177 hits

So, yes, 1 issue as result is to low when you don't know of the other
176. ;-)

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/24/2011 06:56 PM, schrieb FR web forum:
>> When you search for issues but none where found, the reason is likely
>> that the default search is set to the last 7 months. Set it to a more
>> reasonable value and you will swin in issues.
> Maybe clarify your seach criteria?
>
> What do you looking for?

It's about general searching. Nothing special. But always I start a
search I wonder about the low number of results. Seems to be a default
setting that could (should!) be changed in BZ itself.

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.