Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2004/04/15 16:18:33 UTC

jakarta-turbine-tdk final updates

I know that the plan is to eventually migrate toward the META tool, but I
wanted to go ahead and submit the work I did on bringing the
jakarta-turbine-tdk branch up to date.

As I stated earlier, I had to do a lot of cleanup to get everything
working and this patch does not reflect the files I removed, only the ones
I updated and added.

TDK_2.3_PATCH.gz just upates the files I touched.
TDK_2.3_NEW_FILES.tgz are the new files I added.

Thanks,
Jeff Painter

Re: jakarta-turbine-tdk final updates

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
I'm going to rework the patch I submitted so don't post it anyone
listening.

Thanks,
Jeff Painter

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Jeffery Painter wrote:

> I will look at the coding standards and recheck what is in cvs... this
> work was done back in January so it most likely is not completely up to
> date.
>
> Thanks for the check
>

> > Without looking too hard I see that your PATCH file:
> > * undoes some corrections that  I recently made to project.xml
> > * a bunch of other changes I made to the xdocs also look like they are
> > being undone
> > * Picking on a random code change, what's with the removal of the spaces
> > below?
> > -        if (acl == null || !acl.hasRole("turbine_root"))
> > +        if (acl==null || ! acl.hasRole("turbine_root"))
> > * or:
> > -        else if (acl.hasRole("turbine_root"))
> > +        else if(acl.hasRole("turbine_root"))
> > You might need to update your code formatting to match
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html
> >
> > It kind of looks like you forgot to run a cvs update before you produced
> > the patch, could this be the case?  Can you please look into the
> > randomly spotted issues above before we take this further.
> >
> > I haven't looked at whether or not the end result is a functioning TDK
> > and I doubt if I will since it has been quite some time since I have
> > fired one up (back on 2.1 if I recall correctly).  Are you thinking we
> > will do an official release?  If so then there are a bunch of extra
> > steps that will need to be planned for, applying the ASL 2.0 licenses,
> > voting on the release and inserting it into the Apache Mirror System.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott

Jeffery Painter
President
Kiasoft, Inc.                       (910) 254-9383 ext 129

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

Re: jakarta-turbine-tdk final updates

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jeffery Painter wrote:

>I know that the plan is to eventually migrate toward the META tool, but I
>wanted to go ahead and submit the work I did on bringing the
>jakarta-turbine-tdk branch up to date.
>
>As I stated earlier, I had to do a lot of cleanup to get everything
>working and this patch does not reflect the files I removed, only the ones
>I updated and added.
>
>TDK_2.3_PATCH.gz just upates the files I touched.
>TDK_2.3_NEW_FILES.tgz are the new files I added.

Jeff,

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

RE: jakarta-turbine-tdk final updates

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi guys,

I'm still on vacation, and won't get to applying this.. Scott, if you don't
get to it, then someone ping me next week..

Thanks!

ERic