Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 00:43:36 UTC

Where to put new Callback and CallbackHandler classes

Hi,

For certificate authentication, I'm adding two classes:
JaasCertificateCallbackHandler and CertificateCallback.
I've placed these classes in activemq-core along with
JaasCredentialCallback, etc. The problem is that activemq-jaas needs
access to these classes (since I have a new LoginModule that uses
them) and maven complains that we can't have a circular dependency
between activemq-core and activemq-jaas.
So, should I move these classes into activemq-jass? Should I move all
Callback classes to activemq-jaas? Any other way of doing this?

Regards,
Sepand

Re: Where to put new Callback and CallbackHandler classes

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds fine to me.

--

James
-------

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I've created http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-907 to track this.

On 8/31/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> I'm 100% behind making activeio an optional module.  I'll start
> working on moving some core classes that are in activeio to activemq
> so that it is not needed to run.  Right now the only real
> functionality that it provides that is optional is the journal
> implementation.
>
> Everything else that is use are just abstract interfaces, and I think
> those need to be moved/copied to ActiveMQ.
>
> On 8/25/06, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/25/06, Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It does since the CertificateAuthenticationBroker I'm making will need
> > > to use the CertificateCallbacks.
> > > I have put the classes in jaas (core already has a dependancy on jaas
> > > so that's not a problem). I do think the other callbacks should go in
> > > jass now, but I don't want to touch your stuff since I'm not sure
> > > when/if you will accept my patch.
> >
> > Since its all JAAS/security related and to avoid recursive
> > dependencies, how about putting the CertificateAuthenticationBroker in
> > the activemq-jaas module too? The idea behind activemq-core is that it
> > has as few dependencies as possible.
> >
> > Which reminds me - it might be nice to remove the dependency on
> > activeio and make that an optional module.
> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
> >

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Where to put new Callback and CallbackHandler classes

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 to that!

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.