Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> on 2017/05/21 22:00:44 UTC

Question about sabuildtools/bin

Kevin,

This script was in the old server cron and it adds sabuildtools/bin to
the PATH.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/build/mkupdates/do-stable-update-with-scores

When I look at an old backup the sabuildtools/bin is a bunch of symlinks
to /local/perl586/bin.  Does this specific version of perl need to be
back on the server and in the PATH for a build?  Can the system perl be
used or do you want this particular version of perl?

If we need it back, then I was going to put it in /usr/local/perl586 if
that is OK.

--
Dave Jones

Re: Question about sabuildtools/bin

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 5/21/2017 9:36 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
> I can replace them if that is the direction you want to go.  They look
> like old versions of perl and GnuPG.  I will start with what the
> script is actually calling from that bin directory and try to replace
> with system versions from packages.

Agreed.  That's what I've been doing with the build process to run on
newer systems.

Re: Question about sabuildtools/bin

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
I can replace them if that is the direction you want to go.  They look
like old versions of perl and GnuPG.  I will start with what the script
is actually calling from that bin directory and try to replace with
system versions from packages.

Dave

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.