Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Peder Jakobsen | gmail <pj...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 00:03:29 UTC

ODBC in Virtual Box connects to Drill on host Unix system?

Hi,  I recently installed Windows 7 in VirtalBox in order to connect
Tableau to Drill.

Unfortunately Apache Drill 1.4 won't run on Windows at the moment, awaiting
a response from the mailing list.

But, I wonder if it's possible to simply connect via ODBC from VirtualBox
Windows to Drill running on Host Linux system.  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Peder J.

Re: ODBC in Virtual Box connects to Drill on host Unix system?

Posted by Tomer Shiran <ts...@dremio.com>.
Got it

I haven't tried this, but I wonder if you could use the JDBC driver via
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/JayDeBeApi/

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Peder Jakobsen | gmail <pjakobsen@gmail.com

--
Tomer Shiran
CEO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Re: ODBC in Virtual Box connects to Drill on host Unix system?

Posted by Peder Jakobsen | gmail <pj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomer,

Posted by Tomer Shiran <ts...@dremio.com>.
Peder,