Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zo...@aol.com on 2007/03/18 01:19:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache installation error

Hi Everyone,

            I am  trying to install Apache server ver. 2.2.4 after upgrading
to Windows Vista from  Windows XP and I get the following error message during
installation:

Installing the Apache2 service
(OS 5)Access is denied.  : Failed to  open the WinNT service manager
Note the errors or messages above, and press  the <ESC> key to exit.  21...

I turned off the Windows firewall and the Norton 2007 anti-virus software
during installation, but to no avail.

If anyone can please help, appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Jimmy