Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2008/06/17 16:48:12 UTC

[users@httpd] upgradine 1.3 to 2.2 - mod_version ?

Hello,

We'd like (finally) to upgrade my apache servers from 1.3 to 2.2.

We have many users and many of them have their own .htaccess with options
for user/password authentication set up.

(We have "AllowOverride All" in config file to allow users do whatever they
can in their htaccess e.g. use "Options Indexes")

It seems that user authentication needs more settings in 2.2 than in 1.3,
mostly setting auth providers etc.

Can we avoid problem with problem by setting some default authentication
options in global config file or do we need something like mod_version for
1.3 (it's not available afaik) ?

One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them

[users@httpd] Shared Memory Config Issue - Win Apache

Posted by "Stusynski, Dan" <ds...@ptc.com>.
Hey users,

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue since I can't seem to
resolve it.

After compiling Apache 2.2.9 on Win XP with (with mod_ldap and
mod_authnz_ldap support) I'm trying to configure Apache's Shared Memory
usage.

My relevant configuration is:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
LoadModule authnz_ldap_module modules/mod_authnz_ldap.so

LDAPCacheEntries 2200
LDAPOpCacheEntries 1
LDAPSharedCacheSize 900000
LDAPSharedCacheFile logs/mod_ldap_cache

However, Apache fails to start and results in the following being logged
in the error log:
[error] (17)File exists: LDAP cache: could not create shared memory
segment
Configuration Failed

After some simple checking, removing the LDAPSharedCacheFile directive
resolves the error and Apache starts (and appears) to run fine. After
checking the mod_ldap docs it appears Apache then relies on anonymous
shared memory.

My Unix builds do not seem to observe this issue with the same
configuration.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue here?

Thanks,

Dan