Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Neal Richter <nr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 23:11:49 UTC

mod_proxy_http, ProxyTimeout and apr_socket_timeout_set

Hi all,

  Basic question on the ProxyTimeout for mod_proxy_http.   Is it:
    - first byte?
    - last byte?

  My guess is that it's a first byte timeout based upon this:

/**
 * Setup socket timeout for the specified socket
 * @param sock The socket to set up.
 * @param t Value for the timeout.
 * <PRE>
 *   t > 0  -- read and write calls return APR_TIMEUP if specified time
 *             elapsess with no data read or written
 *   t == 0 -- read and write calls never block
 *   t < 0  -- read and write calls block
 * </PRE>
 */
APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_socket_timeout_set(apr_socket_t *sock,
                                                 apr_interval_time_t t);

Neal

Re: mod_proxy_http, ProxyTimeout and apr_socket_timeout_set

Posted by Neal Richter <nr...@gmail.com>.
OK thanks.. making sure it would not timeout an ongoing download.

We had an issue with a truncated javascript file being served then
cached by Akamai.  The JS is generated by a backend process that
Apache proxies to.

I don't think Apache is the problem there..

Thanks - Neal

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.