Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2015/08/20 16:06:36 UTC

Unit testing our UIs

Hi

We’re adding more and more UIs to Solr, and they have no unit tests (as far as I know). I could not find any discussions on this topic in the list archives, so thought to bring it up here.

I only know about Selenium, could be cool to write up some simple tests exercising key parts of the Admin UI in various browsers. Or?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Unit testing our UIs

Posted by Stefan Matheis <st...@mathe.is>.
I don't know about testing in angular.js but in general there are fancy tools for frontend testing:

http://casperjs.org (http://casperjs.org/)
http://phantomjs.org (http://phantomjs.org/)

angular.js' documentation on testing:

https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/unit-testing
https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/e2e-testing

> > As I understand it, we'd need a browser (e.g. Chrome) running in the
> > background, which would make it a different kind of test to the rest of
> > our test suite.

so i'm not sure about a browser really be a requirement :)

-Stefan

Re: Unit testing our UIs

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Re: Unit testing our UIs