Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Xavier RAYNAUD <xa...@st.com> on 2003/12/12 09:46:29 UTC

What is the difference between XSL/Apache fop and docbook/Jade ?

Hi !

I want to use documentation generation technologies, but I'm new to this domain.
Both bocbook/Jade and XSL/ApacheFOP seems interresting.
Both have XML input, both can generate HTML, PDF, PostScript, RTF...

What is the difference between these two approach ? Are they equivalent ?

Many thanks
	Xavier Raynaud

Re: What is the difference between XSL/Apache fop and docbook/Jade ?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail>.
Xavier RAYNAUD wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I want to use documentation generation technologies, but I'm new to this
> domain.
> Both bocbook/Jade and XSL/ApacheFOP seems interresting.
> Both have XML input, both can generate HTML, PDF, PostScript, RTF...
>
> What is the difference between these two approach ? Are they equivalent ?

Docbook will create an XSL stylesheet that generates XSL-FO for
processing through FOP. However FOP isnt fully compliant with the XSL-FO
spec and depending on your docbook definition you may run into problems.

Chris