Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rommel Sharma <ro...@mahindrabt.com> on 2003/12/18 11:09:35 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError only on Solaris

On Solaris I get this error while running the client. It compiles successfully though. (although on Windows it runs fine):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/reflect/InvocationHandler ((CalcClient.java:90))

where CalcClient.java can be viewed at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ws-axis/java/samples/userguide/example2/CalcClient.java
or in the axis installations:  samples/userguide/example2 folder.

I tried exclusively exporting src.jar in the classpath as it contains the java.lang.reflect package, but it was of no help.

Has anyone encountered similar problem on unix env?
All  suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Rommel.

Scanned by  eScan  Content-Security  and  Anti-Virus Software.
Visit http://www.mwti.net for more info on eScan and MailScan.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Problem Solved: NoClassDefFoundError only on Solaris

Posted by Rommel Sharma <ro...@mahindrabt.com>.
Thanks...the earlier problem is solved. Now my webservices client is throwing a security exception...
Anybody who has any general tips to give on configuring web-services security, please mail me, useful links will also do.
  Just a small update to my query: rt.jar is being explicitly specified in the CLASSPATH settings.

Exception on Solaris

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Hi All,

I have a webService Method already deployed and running on the Axis.
When I run my client code on the Solaris  an Excpetion like this comes

ExcpetionProhibited package name: java.lang.reflect

Any Idea what this is. I am able to compile my Client code with no problems. The Exception arises while runing the code

Thanks

Dhanush