Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by OCsite <oc...@ocs.cz> on 2020/12/22 14:59:12 UTC

build/runtime versions

Hi there,

I have just found one of my clients might be using at his deployment site a different Groovy version than the one used to build the application — probably the worst case was a pretty old runtime version 2.3.8 for an app built with 2.4.17 (seems it runs OK, strangely enough).

(i) are there known problems or inconsistencies caused by this kind of mess?

(ii) given a JAR, is it possible to determine which Groovy version was it built with? The client changed the classpaths, and I can't recall which Groovy release was used to compile particular older app builds.

Thanks,
OC