Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by heng du <du...@apache.org> on 2020/08/06 15:50:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal

Hi @Michael

Thanks for your advice. As far as I know, Solace doesn't have a product
called Eventmesh, They're just using that name to promote their PubSub
platform.

But in order not to cause trouble in the future, I also ask guys of Apache
Brand to help check whether this name is appropriate. For us, we've been
using the name EventMesh for a long time, and we want to keep it so that
users can get better product positioning from the name.

And base on this document[1], we searched in the U.S. Patent Office[2] and
found nothing inappropriate.

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html
[2] https://www.uspto.gov/trademark

Thanks
Henry

Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com.invalid> 于2020年8月6日周四
下午3:33写道:

Posted by heng du <du...@apache.org>.
Thanks for @Duane's reply.

Duane Pauls <du...@gmail.com> 于2020年8月11日周二 上午12:25写道:

Posted by heng du <du...@apache.org>.
Thanks for @Duane's reply.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
> Thanks for the honesty, I prefer you should adjust the proposal to match
> the reality. Such as
> 1. Just open-sourced
> 2. Have a risk of being an orphaned project
> 3. Community development would be a challenge

As mentioned in wusheng’s previous email, the challenge should be stated in
the proposal.

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Eason Chen <da...@qq.com> 于2020年8月14日周五 上午10:52写道:

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

回复: [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal

Posted by Eason Chen <da...@qq.com>.
Hi,
I want to modify the description of the proposal to make it more accurate, please help me add permissions,thanks

Here are the details of my account:
Usernamechenguangsheng
Emailchenguangsheng@apache.org
Full NameChen Guangsheng