Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/05/24 19:17:43 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Wednesday May 25 noon PM PDT 21 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Wednesday May 25  noon Pacific Daylight
Time (PDT) 21:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to discuss JDO TCK
issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:

1. JDO 3.2.1 staged release RC2
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejdo-1008/
   Voting on JDO 3.2.1 is open

2. New JIRA JDO-813 "Avoid duplicated license and notice files in
distribution artifact" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-813

3. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)

4. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Wednesday May 25 noon PM PDT 21 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday June 2 1100 PDT 2000 CEDT

Agenda:

1. JDO 3.2.1 staged release RC2 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejdo-1008/
  Voting on JDO 3.2.1 is open

Voting on 3.2.1 is now closed with a successful conclusion.
AI Tilmann follow up with the remaining steps on "how to release".

2. New JIRA JDO-813 "Avoid duplicated license and notice files in distribution artifact" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-813 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-813>

Closed and done. Included in 3.2.1.

3. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)

4. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812>
Now assigned to release 3.3.

Is anyone using JDK8 with DataNucleus? When is DataNucleus 6.0 planned for release? When we want to start using 6.0 we will need to stop testing on JDK 8.

5. Other issues

JDO-814 removes a dependency on apache ant that we do not use anyway. No need to put this into 3.2.1 since we updated the dependency to remove the potential vulnerability.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-671 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-671>
Oracle page https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/java-data-objects.html <https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/java-data-objects.html> lists the release as JDO 2.1. Is this page still relevant?

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org