Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/05/22 11:58:56 UTC

DefaultJspCompilerAdapter change in 1.5 branch breaks Tomcat

Steve, Keith,

could you please look at
<http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/gump/20020522/jakarta-tomcat.html>?

When Steve changed from Commandline to CommandlineJava, Keith's
Tomcat3 precompiler has been broken.  This means it will not work in
Ant 1.5 unless Keith adapts to the new method signature at the same
time.

I think the easiest way to deal with the current issue was to merge
the 1.5 branch changes for this class into the main branch and change
Tomcat3Precompiler at the same time.

Stefan

Re: DefaultJspCompilerAdapter change in 1.5 branch breaks Tomcat

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org> wrote:

> I'll just change the tool.

If you do so before Steve's changes have been merged into the main
branch, you'll get Nag mails from the regular Gump runs (my link
pointed to my own Gump runs that use the 1.5 CVS branch of Ant).

> I'm a little perplexed, though, that the methods were pulled rather
> than deprecated, assuming they existed prior to 1.5.

The whole class hasn't been there before 1.5.  Otherwise I totally
agree with you.

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>.
Stefan,
Since these tomcat tools only work with Ant 1.5
(JspC isn't in 1.4.1), I'll just change the tool.
I'm a little perplexed, though, that the methods
were pulled rather than deprecated, assuming they
existed prior to 1.5.  (Those should be dep
warnings we get, not compile errors :-)

Keith