Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org> on 2022/10/27 02:41:37 UTC

[log4cxx] Github windows builds

I've been adding some more builds for log4cxx(to test more
combinations of features and stuff) but I seem to have broken the
windows build - cmake can't find APR with the .pc file.  It seems that
whatever we had before cached had the .pc files in it, but trying to
rebuild clean(no cache) does not have .pc files in it to find the
library.

I'm thinking that this may have had something to do with the recent
changes to how we find APR, but I'm not much of a Windows guy so it
could take me a while to figure out what exactly is broken.  I know
that Steven Webb uses vcpkg, would you be able to take a look at it
and figure out why it might be failing?

The branch in question:
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4cxx/tree/LOGCXX-562

-Robert Middleton

Re: [log4cxx] Github windows builds

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.
I don't think any of those are too common, so it probably doesn't make
sense to do all of those combinations.  The prefer_boost should be
effectively covered by the new build that compiles it in C++11 mode.

-Robert Middleton

Posted by Stephen Webb <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Webb <sw...@gmail.com>.