Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/09/08 05:19:00 UTC

openejb-builder test failure

I haven't been successful yet in finding a fix for the openejb2-builder
test problems that a number of us are encountering running bootstrap on
trunk.  It also doesn't look like anybody else has a fix for this
problem coming any time soon.  Until we get something working for this,
I was wondering if anybody would mind if I disabled the tests for mvn in
bootstrap by adding the following argument to the mvn macrodef:

   <arg value="-Dmaven.test.skip=true"/>

Is there a better way to disable the tests?

Joe

Re: openejb-builder test failure

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 9/8/06, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> The pieces are all starting to come together.
>

> Great! ;-)
>
>> I was first getting the error that Sergey referenced and which I first
>> referenced in this post:
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=115653241007061&w=2
>

> So was I.
>
>> I was actually proposing skipping the tests to get around that error
>> because when I added the getName() method I hit the MalformedURL error
>> that Jacek mentioned (and I posted about here).
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=115680051431478&w=2
>>
>> I wasn't aware that this was a known problem and changing the repository
>> path would resolve it.
>

> The first time we hit this was in OpenEJB 3 and Dave B. fixed it
> easily for it was only in one unit test. I remember Dave mentioned it
> had been fixed in OpenEJB 2, too, but seems it was not (I guess Dave
> had yanked MS Windows and installed MacOS or Linux ;-))
>
>> Thank you Jacek for pointing me to the openejb
>> issue!  I changed my repo and now it seems that I can build successfully
>> both without the getName() method errors and without the MalformedURL
>> exceptions.
>

> Does it mean that once you set maven.repo.local to a non-spaced path
> the build worked well?

That's correct (see my actual setting further down).

>> Does anybody know if there is an environment variable that I can set for
>> the m2 repo so that I don't have to modify the build scripts?
>

> You can run m2 with localRepository set in ~/.m2/settings.xml as
> described at
> http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-settings/settings.html#class_settings.
>
> Look at localRepository setting. It should do the trick. Give it a
> whirl and report back (so I won't have to dig into surefire plugin and
> fix the classpath issue ;-) I just can't believe it's merely us who
> experience the issue!).

I actually took a somewhat different route.  I updated my MAVEN_OPTS
environment variable (which I had already set for the heap size) to
include maven.repo.local.  For the most part this worked fine with one
exception.  When you run a "bootstrap clean" it currently assumes that
your repository is located at "${user.home}/.m2/repository" and deletes
that directory.   With my MAVEN_OPTS setting and by manually cleaning my
actual m2 repo location prior to running "bootstrap" or "bootstrap
clean" everything worked fine.

For reference, my current MAVEN_OPTS is set as follows:

set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dmaven.repo.local=c:/m2repo

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: openejb-builder test failure

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
The pieces are all starting to come together.

I was first getting the error that Sergey referenced and which I first
referenced in this post:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=115653241007061&w=2

I was actually proposing skipping the tests to get around that error
because when I added the getName() method I hit the MalformedURL error
that Jacek mentioned (and I posted about here).

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=115680051431478&w=2

I wasn't aware that this was a known problem and changing the repository
path would resolve it.  Thank you Jacek for pointing me to the openejb

Posted by Sergey Elin <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Sergey Elin <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.