Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/06 11:26:50 UTC

How to find HDFS folders file count.

Hi Guys,

We have done moving local file to HDFS
hadoop fs -copyFromLocal

we have verified some of the file missing in the HDFS, We want validate
source to destination.

We have already have source files count

How to find HDFS folder file count please guide me.

hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_shell.html#count
hadoop fs -count -q

Re: How to find HDFS folders file count.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
count works perfectly fine. do you need something from the API?

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We have done moving local file to HDFS
> hadoop fs -copyFromLocal
>
> we have verified some of the file missing in the HDFS, We want validate
> source to destination.
>
> We have already have source files count
>
> How to find HDFS folder file count please guide me.
>
> hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_shell.html#count
> hadoop fs -count -q

Harsh J

Re: How to find HDFS folders file count.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We have done moving local file to HDFS
> hadoop fs -copyFromLocal
>
> we have verified some of the file missing in the HDFS, We want validate
> source to destination.
>
> We have already have source files count
>
> How to find HDFS folder file count please guide me.
>
> hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_shell.html#count
> hadoop fs -count -q

Harsh J

Re: How to find HDFS folders file count.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We have done moving local file to HDFS
> hadoop fs -copyFromLocal
>
> we have verified some of the file missing in the HDFS, We want validate
> source to destination.
>
> We have already have source files count
>
> How to find HDFS folder file count please guide me.
>
> hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_shell.html#count
> hadoop fs -count -q

Harsh J

Re: How to find HDFS folders file count.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We have done moving local file to HDFS
> hadoop fs -copyFromLocal
>
> we have verified some of the file missing in the HDFS, We want validate
> source to destination.
>
> We have already have source files count
>
> How to find HDFS folder file count please guide me.
>
> hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/hdfs_shell.html#count
> hadoop fs -count -q

Harsh J