Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/03 20:01:47 UTC

Multiple connections to the same in-memory database

In a separate forum, someone has claimed that multiple
connections to the same database from the same hosting
JVM does not work successfully if the database is an
in-memory database (uses jdbc:derby:memory:whatever).

Is this true?

If it is true, is it documented anywhere?

I didn't believe that such a restriction existed, but I
couldn't find any particular documentation that seemed
to say clearly one way or another.

thanks,

bryan

Re: Multiple connections to the same in-memory database

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> What's the definition of "does not work successfully?
>
> I'm not aware of such a limitation, but I imagine some classloading issues can break

Thanks Kristian!

I realize the question was pretty vague.

Here's what little context there was:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33168323/spring-and-h2-or-derby-multiple-transactions/33187908#33187908

Perhaps that user will provide more details, and we
could have a more specific discussion.

Thanks for the help, and for the suggestions about classloader issues.

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@apache.org>.
Hi Bryan,

What's the definition of "does not work successfully?

I'm not aware of such a limitation, but I imagine some classloading issues
can break this (depending on your expectations).

Kristian