Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marnix Bindels <ma...@chess.nl> on 2007/10/03 09:48:49 UTC

T4: LinkSubmit not working in IFRAME'd app caused by unavailable tapestry.form javascript

Dear All,

I developed my tapestry 4.1.2 app top level in my browser. However, it
is meant to run inside an IFRAME of some other application beyond my
control.

I used LinkSubmit on some forms and they worked great, calling the
JavaScript function tapestry.form.submit(), at toplevel in my browser.
But when framed in that IFRAME, nothing happens as the package and hence
function is not available.

The pageload yields an exception:

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property
HTMLDocument._parentWindow' when calling method:
[nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001e
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

and clicking the link yields "Tapestryform. has no properties.

People in my team tell me, it is because of 'cross site scripting' not
being allowed. Is there a way around this limitation? Or some other way
to get ImageSubmit and LinkSubmit like behaviour?

I tried fiddling with renderBaseTag in the @Shell. Browsing the Dojo
site for a solution, but I wouldn't even know how to bring in a newer
dojo version as 0.4.3. in seems to be packaged beyond mvn control.

tapestry/core.js seems to have been loaded fine, can I somehow force
form.js to be loaded directly instead of by dojo?

Kind regards,
  Marnix