Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by John McNally <jm...@collab.net> on 2001/11/22 02:07:24 UTC

Re: foo/layouts/Default.vm WAS: Pull Tool Re: Cannot get correct Layout with my Reflect(ing) Screen

the way it works you would need to have

templates/screens/app
templates/screens/display

templates/layouts/app
templates/layouts/display

then in templates you would references screens as
$link.setPage("app,Foo.vm")

and screens/app/Foo.vm will use layouts/app/Default.vm for layout unless
(maybe) a layouts/app/Foo.vm existed.

john mcnally

Posted by Terry McBride <tt...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks All,

Sorry `bout that.  I guess I'm going against the grain
setting up my template directories.

I got a false notion from reading (and altering) the
following line in TRprops...

services.VelocityService.file.resource.loader.path =
/templates/app,/templates/flux [, /templates/display]

It seems like your suggestion is to set it like so...

services.VelocityService.file.resource.loader.path =
/templates,/templates/flux

and use setPage(app, Foo.vm) and (display,Foo.vm) to
seperate my administration templates from public
display templates.  It's is very nearly the same as
having /templates/app/screens/display but it makes me
happier ;)

Do I have it right now?

Thanks,
Terry