Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Shiva Kumar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/30 14:54:08 UTC

Fwd: Gracefully shutting down the data grid

Hi all,

I am trying to deactivate a cluster which is being connected with few
clients over JDBC.
As part of these clients connections, it inserts some records to many
tables and runs some long-running queries.
At this time I am trying to deactivate the cluster [basically trying to
take data backup, so before this, I need to de-activate the cluster] But
de-activation is hanging and control.sh not returning the control and hangs
infinitely.
when I check the current cluster state with rest API calls it sometime it
returns saying cluster is inactive.
After some time I am trying to activate the cluster but it returns this
error:

[root@ignite-test]# curl "
http://ignite-service-shiv.ignite.svc.cluster.local:8080/ignite?cmd=activate&user=ignite&password=ignite"
 | jq
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
100   207  100   207    0     0   2411      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
 2406
{
  "successStatus": 0,
  "sessionToken": "654F094484E24232AA74F35AC5E83481",
  "error": "*Failed to activate, because another state change operation is
currently in progress: deactivate\nsuppressed: \n*",
  "response": null
}

This means that my earlier de-activation has not succeeded properly.
Is there any other way to de-activate the cluster or to terminate the
existing client connections or to terminate the running queries.
I tried "kill -k -ar" from visor shell but it restarts few nodes and it
ended up with some exception related to page corruption.
Note: My Ignite deployment is on Kubernetes

Any help is appreciated.

regards,
shiva