Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Anuj Chopra <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 14:34:02 UTC

Regarding performance of opennlp entity extraction modals

hi,
i wanted some information regarding the performance of opennlp entity
extraction modals in documents/seconds and Mb/seconds.
Currently I am using person, location, organisation and money extraction
modals.
If possible, please tell the speeds when combination of modals is used too.
Thank you
-anuj chopra

Re: Regarding performance of opennlp entity extraction modals

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I don't have any numbers for you. The performance depends highly on the
model you are using, the configured feature generation and the number of
features in your training data.

To get a good number you probably have to run a test on your machines.
All modern CPUs have multiple cores these days, so you can run the same
process once per core.

Other things which might limit your throughput are the way you read the
text data and store the results.

Jörn