Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Nadine Kalt <N....@Tartler-Group.com> on 2017/07/26 09:34:47 UTC

Question to Open Sans Licence

Dear Apache team,

our company is highly interested in using Open Sans font.
I am absolutely not aware of formalities I have to take care of.
Please give me some advice of the necessary steps we have to do.

Thank you so much in advance for you support.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus dem Odenwald
Best regards

i.A. Nadine Kalt
Marketing

Phone: +49 6061 9672 - 0
E-Mail: N.Kalt@Tartler-Group.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01D30603.2F6B5C30]

Re: Question to Open Sans Licence

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
I believe you may have confused the notion of a license with an
organization. AFAIK this is not part of an Apache project. The license is
however extremely liberal, and allows for an open model of use cases. See:
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans

for pointers or links if you need more information related to Open Sans.
You should talk to a lawyer if you have concerns about the Apache 2.0
license itself. Folks here will not be able to provide much help beyond
that.

Wade