Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/22 18:31:22 UTC

How to update the value of a Hidden Field using Ajax

How to update the value of a hidden filed using ajax?

 I was trying to do something like the following

listYears.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {

            protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target)

            {

                HiddenField field = (HiddenField) get("hiddenDateCheck" );

                field.setConvertedInput("blahblah blan");

                   target.addComponent(hiddenField2);

                  }

            });

Two problems….one is the value is never changed when I view the source of
the html and two,  I can no longer use document.getElementById in my
javascript because I had to set the outputMarkupId = true for the hidden
field which overrides the setattribute modifier on “ID”