Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Gunjan Dave <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/28 01:21:16 UTC

NiFi Deployments

Hello NiFi team,
Can you help with some of the big names in industry who are using NiFi? Any
big names from Financial Services?

Re: NiFi Deployments

Posted by Gunjan Dave <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe, yes agree, somewhere I feel there's lack of awareness about this
great product.
It's always compared with Apache Camel, MuleSoft ESB, Apache ServiceMix,
its so much simalar yet so much different.
Harnessing the power of NiFi requires change of mindset. There should be
some dedicated effort in marketing this product more aggressively. Like my
Organization has the commercial vendor of NiFi package, HDP, by big data
group, but they were only vaguely aware of HDF. Somewhere I get a sense,
maybe false one, that this product is not getting marketed for all its
potential use cases.
Also another question i normally get is how does one implement OOPS
concepts here, which i always reply as being irrelevant as FBP is different
from OOPS to end the discussion. But if one looks deep down to the roots, I
have come to a conclusion that FBP is the truest form of OOPS concepts. OOP
Languages like Java screwed up the orignal oops concepts by allowing
anything and everything to be classified as object.

I feel there's not much information that I could actually find on best
practises for testing data flow. Yes i am aware there's a github project on
how to use API and creating a test harness using API provided but somewhere
thats nowhere documented. In many organizations, one cannot do testing on
live flow even if its forked out from existing original, in many orgs
regulators do not allow data flow designers or programmers access the live
flow even if its in a completely read only mode.
In essence, best practises from a data flow development life cycle. Both
from programmer/data flow designer perspective and management perspective
is not so much documented anywhere.

Re: NiFi Deployments

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gunjan,

From looking in the email archives here, recent conference talks and

Re: NiFi Deployments

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
Gunjan,

Perhaps we should have a Powered by NiFi page around the site? The only
caveat is for that to work people will have to come out as user and this is
easier said than done. Perhaps some of us could provide Company Name,
Industry and summary of use?

I can start by sharing that Macquarie Telecom Group currently uses NiFi to
securely and reliably transfer billions of system transactions  per day
across multiple data centers. It started with a logging analytics
optimisation use case (rationalising how we ship performance logs into real
time "analytics" and archival) but the great success running NiFi led the
team to start considering using NiFi as the pipeline between systems in
general.

Cheers

PS - Another interesting way of noticing who is using is to look at
linkedin and roles worldwide. With a bit of clever searching you will be
surprised how many companies, including major government contractors, use
Apache NiFi.