Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Midas A <te...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/21 15:01:44 UTC

dynamic field issue

Hi All,

How many dynamic field we can create in solr ?. is there any limitation ?
Is indexing dynamic field can increase heap memory on server .

Regards,
Midas

Re: dynamic field issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Dynamic fields are exactly the same as statically defined fields at the Lucene level, so this is exactly equivalent to “would defining N fields statically increase heap”.

IOW, no more than defining that many fields manually.

Best,
Erick

Re: dynamic field issue

Posted by Midas A <te...@gmail.com>.