Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch> on 2006/10/05 11:56:53 UTC

[1.4] websitemap

Hello there!

I trying to write a module that displays a sitemap (not the cocoon one).

Before I run in the wrong direction and get lost in the jungle...

- Would You recommend a resource type or a usecase for this?
- How can I achieve that the websitemap content is inserted in the
main section of the page? - maybe cinclude?
- I think the functionality provided by the sitetree module is quite
close to what is needed here.
   Is it possible to extend the xslt of the sitetree module with a
new websitemap.xsl?
   Or better call certain elements of sitetree from a custom module?

help is appreciated.

Jürgen

Re: [1.4] websitemap

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Ragaller schrieb:
> Hello there!
>

> I trying to write a module that displays a sitemap (not the cocoon one).
>
> Before I run in the wrong direction and get lost in the jungle...
>

> - Would You recommend a resource type or a usecase for this?

Rather a resource type.
That would be a nice one to share with the community :)

> - How can I achieve that the websitemap content is inserted in the main
> section of the page? - maybe cinclude?

I guess the easiest way is to add a custom module which generates
the sitemap similar to the sitetree module widgets.

> - I think the functionality provided by the sitetree module is quite
> close to what is needed here.

Yes, I think so too.

>   Is it possible to extend the xslt of the sitetree module with a new
> websitemap.xsl?

You can use arbitrary XSLTs. The problem is that you have to
put them in your publication and can't provide them in a shared
module.

>   Or better call certain elements of sitetree from a custom module?

I'd prefer this option for reusability reasons.
But if you have just one publication, you can use the standard
sitetree module functionality.

-- Andreas