Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kashif Hussain <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/12 08:16:50 UTC

Maximum number of concurrent hive connections

Hi,

I need 3000-4000 concurrent connections to hive.The hive metastore is
running on a 256 GB Ram machine.
Can anyone tell me what's the maximum number of connections a hive
metstaore can support ?

Regards,
Kashif

RE: Maximum number of concurrent hive connections

Posted by "Singh, Abhijeet" <ab...@informatica.com>.
MySQL can support 4K connections but that might be it. The machine should be used only for this purpose.

Posted by Kashif Hussain <ka...@gmail.com>.
It's on MySQL.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>.

LinkedIn   <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw> https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw