Posted to builds@apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/06/07 03:44:09 UTC

Apache Flex build script installing extra software

Hi,

Currently the Flex SDK build script needs to down load and install a 3rd party program called "PixelBender" [1]. The ant scrip and download an unzip it easily enough but then has to install it (ie run setup.exe) is this an acceptable thing to do on the Jenkins windows slave? Alternatively could this software be installed on the windows slave?

I'm also looking to see if there are other ways around this issue.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbender_toolkit_2.5.zip

Re: Apache Flex build script installing extra software

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Might be slightly off topic but I having an issue with windows paths and the Jenkins build and hopefully someone can help out. (I'm more an OSX/Linux guy.)

(If I've emailed it to the wrong apache list, many apologies and I'd appreciate it if someone point point me towards the right one. )

This is failing in the Flex ant script:
        <exec executable="${env.PIXELBENDER_HOME}/pbutil">
            <arg value="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/graphics/shaderClasses/Color.pbk" />
            <arg value="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/graphics/shaderClasses/Color.pbj" />
        </exec>

I assume it's the spaces (and my escaping of them) in the path are causing issues.

In Jenkins if I have PIXLEBENDER_HOME set up like this:
PIXELBENDER_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2
or this:
PIXELBENDER_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2

The build fails.

Do I need to do something like this?
PIXELBENDER_HOME=C\:/Program\ Files\ (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Utilities\ -\ CS5/Pixel\ Bender\ Toolkit\ 2

Or perhaps it's not an issue with spaces but an issue with execute permissions on pbutils?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex build script installing extra software

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Think I answered my own question:

PIXELBENDER_HOME=C\:/Program\ Files\ (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Utilities\ -\ CS5/Pixel\ Bender\ Toolkit\ 2

Works fine. :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex build script installing extra software

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The installed wouldn't let me change install dir which is  a pain.
I think it hidden in the interface (or rather is on the OSX version of the installer). If you click on the file path in the UI you can change the location but there's no browse button.

Thanks and very much appreciated - made my life a lot easier.

Justin

RE: Apache Flex build script installing extra software

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Installed into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2

The installed wouldn't let me change install dir which is  a pain. If
possible I
Would (have) like(d) the resultant files on F: drive along with the rest of
the
Jenkins build.

OT: I liked this:

 http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/pixel_bender_basics_flex_air.html