Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve <sm...@neca.com> on 2003/03/20 16:53:04 UTC

1.1 rc1 -Validator: Conditionally required fields.

Are there any other examples of using conditionally required fields for
the validator? I find the example here a bit confusing.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_validator.html

Specifically the part:
<form-bean
    name="dependentlistForm"
    type="org.apache.struts.webapp.validator.forms.ValidatorForm">

    <form-property
        name="dependents"
        type="org.apache.struts.webapp.validator.Dependent[]"
        initial="{'','','','','','','','','','',''}"/>
    <form-property
        name="insureDependents"
        type="java.lang.Boolean"
        initial="false"/>

</form-bean>

'Where dependent is a bean that has properties lastName, firstName, dob,
coverageType'

Is 'dependent' referring to Dependent[] or dependentlistForm? If
Dependent[], I don't see this in the src. Or this something I need to
code? Thanks for any clarity you can offer.

steve