Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Deven You <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 09:34:14 UTC

[classlib][fdlib] Upgrade fdlibm5.2 to 5.3

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6460, since java spec
require fdlibm5.3, I think we should upgrade it from at present 5.2 to 5.3.
What about your opinions? Thanks a lot!

Re: [classlib][fdlib] Upgrade fdlibm5.2 to 5.3

Posted by enh <en...@google.com>.
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 00:56, Regis <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2010-03-03 16:34, Deven You wrote:
>
>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6460, since java spec
>> require fdlibm5.3, I think we should upgrade it from at present 5.2 to
>> 5.3.
>> What about your opinions? Thanks a lot!
>>

> Great founding! It seems fdlibm5.3 is released earlier than Harmony project
> starting (fdlibm5.3 revised October 2002, when Harmony project is not
> started yet), I don't know why we didn't pick the latest version, but used
> the older one. Is there any concern here?

i checked the version of fdlibm in Android's underlying OS, and that's 5.3.
the only fdlibm problem i've seen is that some versions of GCC for ARM at
some optimization levels -- and only when generating code for NEON --
incorrectly optimize tanh. an existing harmony test spots this [a 0.0 versus
-0.0 mixup], and i've no reason to believe that GCC wouldn't mangle the 5.2
code in the same way.

(the GCC bug is fixed.)

so as far as we know, 5.3 should be fine.

 --elliott

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4B...@gmail.com>, Regis writes:

> On 2010-03-07 19:03, Mark Hindess wrote:

> >> I attached a new patch on HARMONY-6460 to maintains fdlibm dependency
> >> by "standard {check,fetch}-depends mechanism", please help to review
> >> if that the right way to do this. Thanks.
> >
> > As I said before, ideally, since this dependency is required only by
> > luni, then this dependency should be dealt with in modules/luni/build.xml
> > not in the top-level build/depends files.  See the awt dependencies for
> > a similar example of this.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Mark.
>
> Thanks Mark, new patch followed your suggestion applied at r921268.

Great.  Thanks.

-Mark

Re: [classlib][fdlib] Upgrade fdlibm5.2 to 5.3

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.