Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/10 08:04:32 UTC

feature for jetty proxy

Hello,

the Karaf distributions contains features for jetty.
Mainly there are the jetty one in the standard feature repo and
pax-jetty in the pax web feature repo.

Both feature repos does not contain a feature that provides the
jetty-proxy bundle.

With every Karaf bump I need to modify a feature of mine for
jetty-proxy to align the jetty version used by the Karaf distribution.

Would it be possible to add that bundle to the respective features?
Perhaps using dependency="true" so it is not installed if not needed?

Best regards,
Markus

Re: feature for jetty proxy

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot (for both)!

Re: feature for jetty proxy

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
I've used JettyProxyServlet too, and it works with openHAB out of the box:
https://github.com/ConnectorIO/connectorio-io-http :-)

At least for openHAB it wasn't a problem cause jetty-proxy is present at
runtime.

Anyhow - there is bunch of advanced features Jetty's proxy servlet
enables. I been using it to transform on the fly response from proxied
services. It's quite powerful. If you need a sample of this - I will be
able to cut it from somewhere.

Cheers,
Łukasz
--
Code-House http://code-house.org

Re: feature for jetty proxy

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Markus,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: feature for jetty proxy

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Re: feature for jetty proxy

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Markus,

First, you can use the ProxyService directly to programmatically create
the proxies you need.

Second about the Jetty proxy, if you take a look in Decanter, you will
see that only org.eclipse.jetty.proxy is private, jetty-client,
jetty-server, etc, are import packages, not private. So the size of the
bundle is just few bytes.

About the version, it's actually the opposite: the Jetty proxy is a pure
servlet, and a version of Jetty proxy can work with other Jetty version.

I don't have a proxy to extend the features (both pax and karaf ones),
but I just wanted to spot that it's not a requirement right now with
your need.

Regards
JB

--